Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Summer's Here!

Every kid loves freezies, popsicles, and ice cream. Who can resist, really? Well, my kids can't have the sugar that is in these things. Ah, it is so hard to tell them that, no, they can't have what their friends are having. But, I have since realized that there are so many other options available to them, if I make it myself. For instance, with my Tupperware popsicle molds, I can make pretty much any flavor of popsicle I want.

Frozen Delight

Ingredients:

1 cup (250 ml) plain yogurt
1 banana, sliced
1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
1 cup (250 ml) 100% pure fruit juice
    (orange, peach, pineapple, grape)
To assemble:
7 or 8 paper cups
    (approx. 4 oz. each)
7 or 8 plastic spoons or wooden sticks OR
popsicle mold

Directions:

  1. Put the yogurt, banana, vanilla, and juice in a blender and blend until smooth.
  2. Pour liquid into small paper cups or mold.
  3. Place filled cups or mold into the freezer.
  4. If using cups, when the yogurt mixture is half frozen, place a spoon or stick in each cup.
  5. Return the cups to the freezer and freeze until firm. This will take about 4 to 5 hours.
  6. To serve, turn cups or mold upside down and run warm water over them until the frozen treats slip out.
Tips:
For more flavor, add small chunks of fresh, canned or frozen fruit.

No comments: