Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What to do about soy sauce?!

Soy sauce can be a troublesome thing. The sauces that I usually buy have preservatives and gluten in them. As well, I don't really like the taste. So, what to buy or make to replace this?
Well, I did a little research and found a blog written by Kimberly Harris who cares about good-tasting, quality food, www.thenourishinggourmet.com. She talks about her experience with soy sauce and how she overcame her aversion to it.

Now, I have found a recipe to make my own soy sauce alternative. So, here it is...


Soy Sauce Alternative 

 An easy and tasty alternative to Soy Sauce.
Ingredients:
8 oz molasses
3 oz. balsamic vinegar
sugar to taste (you can replace with unpasteurized honey or 100% maple syrup)
Directions:
Mix all ingredients together.

No comments: