Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Crafting Injury

A few months ago, I developed tendinitis in my right wrist. Do you realize how frustrating this is for a crafter?!
It makes it hard to do any kind of crafting; knitting, crochet, scrapbooking, jewelry, even typing can be painful at times.
I finally had to put all my supplies away, so that they wouldn't be a temptation. On Monday, I got out a little bit of knitting, just to test out my wrist. It HAD been 2 months since I put the supplies away. But, after 5 minutes, I knew that I would be regretting my decision. So, it is back to nothing. I have been doing a lot of reading lately. Oh, well.
I am a little worried that this might mean the end of crafting as I know it. But the doctor keeps reassuring me that I need to give it 3-6 months. Okay.

5 comments:

Barb Smith said...

OMG, I'd go crazy! Every craft I do, from sewing to beading to jewelry making all require so much of my hands/wrists...I bet you're freaking out, huh?

I hope it heals soon so you can get back into the crafty world, where you belong. :)

Crafty Mom said...

Yeah, I have been going crazy!
I am looking into new types of crafts that don't require so much hand movement.

Barb Smith said...

Okay, where have you been? It's been a week and a half and you're AWOL...I was just worried about you. Everything okay?

Annie Spandex said...

I have that. It's awful! :( When I wear my brace, I try to make light of it by telling inquisitive friends it's from "too much masterbating." LOL, I hope that's not too inappropriate for here, if so you can delete it. ;D

LizzyT said...

I feel so sorry for you, not to be able to do something you love. Best wishes to you for a speedy recovery!